- Date of birth: April 2, 1983
- Birthplace: Santiago, Chile
- Residence: Vitacura, Chile
- Height: 6'3'' (1.90 m)
- Weight: 170 lbs (78 kg)
- Plays: Right-handed; two-handed backhand
Paul Gerard Capdeville Castro was born April 2nd, 1983 in Santiago, Chile, he achieved a career-high singles ranking of 76.
At the 2006 French Open, Capdeville had a shoving incident with Mario Ancic, at the end of his second round match. The two players had to be separated by the chair umpire. Ancic and Capdeville were each fined US$3,000 for the incident.
Capdeville's best showing at an ATP event to date came at the 2009 Estoril Open, where he reached the semifinals. Other notable results include the quarters at Memphis (2006), Washington (2007), Indianapolis (2008) and Vina del Mar (2009).
Capdeville has won four challengers, Bogota (2005), Florianopolis (2007), Binghamton and Aracaju (2008).
- Career record: 37–48
- Career titles: 0
- Highest ranking: No. 76 (May 18, 2009)
Grand Slam results
- Australian Open: 2nd (2007, 2008)
- French Open: 2nd (2006, 2008)
- Wimbledon: 1st (2009)
- US Open: 2nd (2005, 2007, 2009)
- Career record: 12–16
- Career titles: 1
- Highest ranking: No. 147 (July 23, 2007)
Grand Slam Doubles results