- Residence: Bucharest, Romania
- DOB: September 25, 1987
- Birthplace: Slatina, Romania
- Height: 5' 6" (1.68 m)
- Weight: 139 lbs. (63 kg)
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed both sides)
Monica Niculescu is currently ranked No. 55 at the WTA Tour Singles Ranking. Her highest WTA rankings is No. 47 in singles, reached on 10 November 2008, and No. 34 in doubles, reached on 20 October 2008.
Niculescu was born in Slatina, Romania, but moved to Bucharest when she was four, She is currently coached by Calin Stelian Ciorbagiu.
Niculescu opened the 2009 season at the Brisbane International, where she lost to Tsvetana Pironkova in the first round, in three sets. She also lost in the first round of Moorilla Hobart International to Alyona Bondarenko. At the 2009 Australian Open, Niculescu beat Katie O'Brien in the first round (6—4, 6—4), before losing to Sara Errani in the second (6—2, 6—3). Alongside Sorana Cirstea Niculescu was the fourteenth seed in women's doubles; they lost to Nathalie Dechy and Mara Santangelo in the second round, 6—3, 6—3.
- Career record: 217—114
- Career titles: 0 WTA, 15 ITF
- Highest ranking: No. 47 (November 10, 2008)
Grand Slam results
- Australian Open: 2R (2009)
- French Open: 1R (2008, 2009)
- Wimbledon: 2R (2008)
- US Open: 1R (2008)
- Career record: 185—82
- Career titles: 1 WTA, 20 ITF
- Highest ranking: No. 28 (August 3, 2009)