- Residence: Kiel, Germany
- DOB: 18 January 1988
- Birthplace: Bremen, West Germany
- Height: 5' 9" (1.73 m)
- Weight: 152 lbs. (68 kg)
- Plays: Left (double-handed backhand)
Angelique Kerber was born 18th January 1988 and began playing tennis at age five. She has a career high ranking of No. 67 in the world achieved on 27 August 2007.
From turning professional in 2003 until the end of 2005 Kerber played on the ITF circuit, where she won one title at Opole, Poland in 2004. She also reached the final at Warsaw in Switzerland but lost to Marta Domachowska.
In the 2007 French Open she played in a Grand Slam Tournament for the first time, where Russian player Elena Dementieva defeated her in the first round. She also played in Wimbledon 2007, and was defeated by Russia's Anna Chakvetadze.
Player statistics, results and biography News
- Career record: 171-95
- Career titles: 0 WTA, 10 ITF
- Highest ranking: No. 67 (27 August 2007)
Grand Slam results
- Australian Open: 2R (2008)
- French Open: 1R (2007, 2008)
- Wimbledon: 1R (2007, 2008)
- US Open: 2R (2009)
- Career record: 32-23
- Career titles: 0 WTA, 3 ITF
- Highest ranking: No. 170 (19 January 2009)